Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Beach, Boardwalk and Bed

Stephen, Abbie and Carter went to New Jersey to visit family.  Every summer we make a trip out there to see Stephen’s extended family and spend time at the shore.  Abbie and Carter look forward to it every year!  Elisabeth and I stayed behind this summer but are looking forward to introducing her to the beach next summer!

Their flight was scheduled to leave around 5:30 on Friday night and to fly into Newark, NJ.  I spent much of the morning packing everything they would need: snacks, crayons, coloring books, blankets, loveys, ipods and headphones for the plane; clothes, pajamas, pull-ups, toiletries, night light, sound machine and books for GG Nana’s; and swimsuits, flipflops, sunscreen, and goggles for the beach.  I spent a long time packing and was most unhappy when Stephen received a text that morning saying their flight was cancelled.  Cancelled!  Not delayed, no help with rescheduling, just cancelled.  Mommy was not happy!  After all the preparation for their trip, there was no way they were not leaving that night.  We spent much of the morning haggling with Southwest and finally got them on a later flight to a completely different city, Philadelphia.  They ended up getting there late Friday night and then had to drive a couple of hours in the middle of the night to get to the shore, but they finally made it!

Stephen took my little camera and is not much of a picture-taker, so these are all I have from the trip.  They did the usual things for the 5 days they were there; spent their days at the beach, went to the boardwalk at night and enjoyed lots of time with family.  You can tell from the pictures they had a lot of fun!  I can’t wait until we can all go back next year.

This had to be my favorite picture.  Stephen said they were tired from the travels all night and a morning at the beach and came home and crashed.  Carter was supposed to be sleeping on a mattress on the floor but must have crawled in to bed with his sister when Stephen left the room.  He just loves his Abbie!  So sweet!
IMG_2485n
I will let the rest of the pictures speak for themselves!
IMG_2470nIMG_2473nIMG_2474nIMG_2475nIMG_2480n
IMG_2486nIMG_2489nIMG_2491nIMG_2492nIMG_2493nIMG_2494nIMG_2499nIMG_2501nIMG_2502nIMG_2503nIMG_2504nIMG_2505nIMG_2508nIMG_2511nIMG_2519nIMG_2526n
IMG_2543nIMG_2547nIMG_2549nIMG_2550nIMG_2555nIMG_2556nIMG_2558nIMG_2559nIMG_2562nIMG_2563nIMG_2566nIMG_2573nIMG_2586n

No comments: