Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Two Easter Egg Hunts and a Little Baby

Our very first day alone, just the four of us, was an exiting one. It was Easter Party day at school! Carter’s party was in the morning (so they could still have naps in the afternoon, although Carter didn’t sleep) and Abbie’s party was in the afternoon. That meant Elisabeth and I got to spend much of the day at school. I was not looking forward to taking a one week old to a pre-school for much of the day, but the excitement on Abbie and Carter’s faces when they spotted us at school was so worth it.

We arrived just in time for Carter’s Easter egg hunt. I had to get my camera out quickly because it had just started and those little kids were fast! Carter had so much fun searching for the eggs and ended up with the most in his bag by far. I had to laugh at his overflowing bag next to all the other kids’ half full bags. (Don’t worry, the teachers evened out all the bags before the kids went home.) After that, he had a great time showing of his scooter skills and running around the playground. He kept coming up to me and kissing me and making sure that I was still there. So sweet! I had to feed Elisabeth while we were there but the rest of the time she just slept in her carseat. I am so glad I was there with Carter to share his special day.

IMG_5732nIMG_5734nIMG_5737nIMG_5739nIMG_5740nIMG_5742nIMG_5744nIMG_5747nIMG_5752nIMG_5755nIMG_5757n

After a short break at home, Elisabeth and I went back up to the school for Abbie’s party. She had fun doing a craft and decorating sugar cookies before it was time for the big hunt. Each child in Abbie’s class had an egg carton numbered1 – 12. They had to find an egg with each number. Abbie was excited when the hunt began. As I watched her I noticed she kept putting eggs back. I finally realized she was trying to do the hunt in order! She thought she had to first find a 1 egg, then a 2 egg,… (Such an analytical thinker!) Once I told her she could find each number in any order it went much faster! She was the first one to find all her eggs! She had a great time and was also very excited to show off her baby sister!

IMG_5760nIMG_5762nIMG_5763nIMG_5764nIMG_5769nIMG_5770nIMG_5775nIMG_5776nIMG_5777n

As for Elisabeth, she slept through most of her first day at the school. I guess she needs to get used to being the little sister who tags along at things for her older sister and brother! At least until it is her turn to do all these fun things!

IMG_5758n

We came home from school and all three kids took much needed naps. I definitely enjoyed some quiet after an exhausting first solo day with three small kids!

No comments: