Today I had to pack up all the kids and the dog (and the mountains of related gear) and drive down to Mimi and Bebe’s for the day. It was probably a little sooner than I would have liked to attempt the journey (after all, it is an hour and 15 minutes to my parents’ house), but we were getting a new roof today. Great timing, right?!? I guess there is never a good time to get a roof, but I think getting one when you have a newborn and two preschoolers home for the day is definitely a bad one! I knew none of us would be able to handle the noise (especially Bailey) so we headed down for a visit. Thankfully, Mimi had off for Good Friday and it ended up being a fun, relaxing day!
The older kids had a great time playing outside in the gorgeous weather while Elisabeth and I hung out inside most of the day. We stayed for dinner and baths for the older kids and then headed home. All the kids (and Bailey) did great for both car trips and when we came home the new roof was all done. Success!

No comments:
Post a Comment