Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Big Day

Today was a very big day. Today Elisabeth and I went to our neighborhood elementary school and registered Abbie for Kindergarten! I made sure to have all the required forms and went up to the school with Elisabeth thinking we would just sign a few papers and be on our way. Um no. It seriously took me almost 45 minutes to fill out all of the paperwork! I can’t tell you how many times I had to write her name and address. There has to be a way to streamline that process! Finally, after filling out a million forms, we met with the registrar to make sure we had everything and were all set. Fortunately, Elisabeth slept through the entire thing.

Sitting in the school and watching all the children walk back and forth to lunch and such, it was so hard for me to picture Abbie being old enough to be one of the students there next year. I guess I just think of her as my little girl still. I am honestly very sad that she will be going to school 5 days a week next year. I will miss our time together and will be sad that she is not with us when Carter, Elisabeth and I are doing things during the day next year. Rushing around and doing stuff after school and on the weekends will just not be the same. I am just so thankful that we had all the special times together over the past 5 years and look forward to all the new things that will happen in the next phase of her life.

No comments: