Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Night Night

Tonight Abbie and Carter gave Elisabeth good night kisses on her playmat.  So sweet!  There is nothing sweeter than little kids fresh from a bath and in their cozy jammies!  (Knowing they will soon be asleep in bed and the house will be quiet makes it even sweeter!)IMG_5910nIMG_5911n
Abbie just adores her baby sister.  Every time she sees her she says “I just love her so much!”.  I am sure they might not always like each other and will have their fights, but know that they will always love each other.
IMG_5912n
Carter is too funny.  Up until Elisabeth’s arrival (and her crying), Carter has been the loudest person in our house.  He seriously only has one volume when he talks/shouts…LOUD.  So to find that Elisabeth’s crying upsets him the most is so funny.  It mostly upsets him when it prevents him from hearing his shows,  but he generally does not like her crying.  The other night Stephen was laying next to her on her playmat and she started to cry.  Carter says, “Daddy put in her pacifier!”  When it fell out a few moments later and she started to cry again, he said in an even more exasperated voice, “Hold it in!”  I couldn’t help but laugh.  That is why I think these pictures of him putting in her paci are so funny.  That paci is the solution to everything in his eyes!
IMG_5913nIMG_5914n
I also wanted to take a moment to document something Abbie used to say and Carter now says every night.  Abbie and Carter both have their little night time mantras they must say to us every night when we put them to bed.

For a year or maybe even more, every night when we put her to bed Abbie would say the exact same thing, “Come as fast as a motorcycle just if I need you, and if you forget put on your thinking cap.”  Seriously, every night (the fact that she has not said it in a few months and that I still remember every world tells you how long she said it!)  This was when she would still wait for us to come get her out of her bed.  One day I noticed that she no longer said it and asked her why.  She told me she doesn’t need to say it anymore because now she gets out of bed herself and come down to us.  Makes perfect sense I guess!  I must admit I was a little sad when she stopped saying it…just means she is growing up.

No sooner had Abbie stopped her nightly mantra then Carter started his!  Carter now says the exact same thing every night, “No bad dreams, Abbie stay in her bed the whole time, and Mommy come get me in the morning.”  We also close his door almost all the way and I have noticed him opening it up after we go downstairs.  When I asked him why he does it, he said it is to make sure Abbie stays in her room.  It is such a comfort to him knowing she is right next door!

I can’t wait to hear what Elisabeth’s little mantra will be when she can talk!

1 comment:

G.G. Hughes said...

I'm so happy for the Schmitt family.....3 absolutely beautiful angels!!!! Elizabeth is the icing on the cake! G.G. Hughes