This morning Abbie and Carter had six-month check-ups at their new dentist. Both kids had been to the dentist before, but I was a little worried about starting at a new dentist. We also had to be there at 8:00 which was not very much fun!
When we arrived they found the video games right away. Neither of them had a clue what was going on with the game, but they had fun pretending they were playing!
Once we were called back, the dentist asked which one wanted to go first. I let Abbie choose and of course she chose for Carter to go first. Poor kid, she will probably make him go first for the rest of his life! Carter fights me every day when I try to brush his teeth. He likes to do it himself. So I was a little worried about how he would do. I was amazed when we acted perfectly the entire time and didn’t make a peep! Basically, the hygienist just brushed his teeth and then the doctor looked at them. The dentist said his teeth look great!
Next it was Abbie’s turn. I knew her exam would be much more thorough and wasn’t sure how she would react. She climbed up on the chair and laid down to watch Dora playing on a TV on the ceiling. First, the hygienist brushed her teeth. Then, since Abbie was being so good, she brought out the “real” dentist tools and polished her teeth and scraped the plaque off. She had a full cleaning just like I have. I was amazed at how well she did! I was so proud of her for being brave. The doctor said her teeth look great, too!
By 8:45 we were done and I was already tired. The early dentist appointment definitely made for a long Monday! Now I can check that off my never ending to-do list for another six months. Great job Abbie and Carter!

No comments:
Post a Comment