Friday, August 13, 2010

From High School to Preschool

This morning the kids and I went to play with our friends Michelle, Michael and Julia. Michelle is one of my oldest and dearest friends from high school. It is hard to believe we have known each other since we were about 14! Michelle’s son, Michael, just turned 4 and her daughter, Julia, just turned 1 so our kids are almost the same ages. It was so much fun to spend the day just hanging out and playing at their beautiful home. The kids had a great time playing with all the fun toys, and Michelle and I were able to relax and just talk. We all went swimming at the Y back in July but as you can imagine we weren’t able to talk that much while chasing 4 kids around the pool!

It was so cute to watch our kids playing together. It is kind of surreal to see them playing together. I mean I can remember calling Michelle on the phone (way before email and text) and talking to her while she ate her after-school Little Debbie snack even though we had just seen each other at school an hour earlier!

IMG_8567n IMG_8568n IMG_8571n IMG_8575n

We took a break from playing to eat lunch.

IMG_8577n IMG_8579n

My kids are horrible picture-takers, but Michael and Julia were all smiles for me! They are so adorable! IMG_8581n IMG_8583n

Here is Carter relaxing in Julia’s pink, polka dot chair!

IMG_8584n

After lunch, we headed upstairs to play with the train table and puppet stage. We all had such a great day!

IMG_8589n IMG_8585n IMG_8591n IMG_8593n IMG_8596n

Sweet Friends

(I wish I had a picture of Michelle and I from high school to post but that was well before the digital age! I feel so old!)

Thank you guys so much for having us over to play! We can’t wait to see you again soon!

1 comment:

Gauger Family said...

They are so cute!! What sweet friends! You need to talk Michelle into joining facebook!!