Monday, August 9, 2010

A Beach Day

Our friends Shannon and Grace and their entire family were recently in town. They rented a gorgeous house in Galveston right on a private beach. Shannon and Grace invited us down on Saturday to have some fun! Steve and Carter stayed behind because a cast and the beach do not mix well. However, Abbie and I went down for most of the day and had the BEST time.

It was so much fun just to see Shannon and Grace again. We miss them so much now that we have moved. We love every chance that we have to spend time with them!

I wasn’t sure how Abbie would react to the beach this year. She has been hesitant in the past around the sand and water but not this year! She LOVED everything about the beach. She has really improved in her swimming this summer. I guess years of lessons and a firm teacher have really paid off. She is very confident in the water and loves to show everyone how she can swim. She also loves playing in the sand now.

Shannon’s family had set up a great canopy for shade with a bunch of chairs and toys. It was so nice to be able to relax and just let the girls run around and play while we talked. We had the whole beach to ourselves! Both girls loved going out into the water and waves. Shannon and I loved it too until Shannon was pinched by a crab. That pretty much ended my adventure out into the ocean! I am not a big ocean person to begin with and knowing I could get pinched by sea life was not going to get me in the water. I stayed in the shallow area from then on, much to Abbie’s dismay. I promised her that when we go on our big beach trip to New Jersey in a week her Daddy will take her way out.

Abbie and Grace ended up having a great time playing in the water and the sand. They were both covered in sand! Fortunately, I had all of Abbie’s bath things with me because we planned to stay at Mimi and Bebe’s that night instead of driving 2+ hours back to our house. Grace and Abbie both took a nice bath and were all clean for a delicious dinner of fajitas. It was so much fun to spend the day with Shannon and her entire family! We didn’t want to leave! Thank you so much for inviting us Shannon and Grace!

IMG_0454

The Four of Us

IMG_0445 IMG_0440IMG_8442nIMG_8449nIMG_8458n

Here is Shannon taking them out pre crab pinch! I was amazed at how far Abbie went out on her own.

Abbie just loved running and splashing in the water.

IMG_8475n

IMG_8439n

IMG_8440nIMG_8444nIMG_8446nIMG_8452nIMG_8453nIMG_8454nIMG_8459nIMG_8472nIMG_8473n

She also played a lot in the sand. She was too busy building sand castles to give me a good smile for a picture.IMG_8462nIMG_8460nIMG_8468nIMG_8469nIMG_8491n

Here she is relaxing in the water.IMG_0464IMG_8480nIMG_8478n

There is nothing better than a snack on the beach with a friend!

IMG_0477

So sweet to see the little best friends! They had a wonderful day together. You can see the canopy and beach house in the background. So peaceful!

IMG_8489n IMG_8490n

2 comments:

Gauger Family said...

Awww, those are cute! I'm so glad you guys could come down and play. Wish we lived closer :(

Lauren said...

Fun, glad y'all got to hang out!!!