Friday, August 27, 2010

Meet the Teacher Day! August 2010

This morning was Meet the Teacher Day at Abbie and Carter’s school! I have been talking to Abbie for weeks about school starting again soon. I think she is very excited to be going back to school and seeing her friends. I have also been talking to Carter about school. He says he is excited to go. I know I sure am excited for school to start again! We have almost survived another summer!

Abbie and Carter were both excited to be going to school today. Abbie and I discussed repeatedly how I would be staying today and it was just to meet her teachers. She has to know our exact schedule and everything that will be going on in our day! (I love her but it is exhausting sometimes :))

IMG_9099nMeet the Teacher Day 2010

Abbie the Bee

Abbie is in a three year-old class this year and will be going to school on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. She is in the Bee classroom. Her teachers are Ms. Nancy and Ms. Ann.

Ms. Nancy greeted us at the door today. Abbie was shy at first and wouldn’t say her name but picked her name card out of a stack on the table for the teacher. I don’t know why she is always shy at first! Her shyness quickly wore off and soon she was dancing around the classroom and exploring all the new things. She has a few of her friends from school last year in her class again this year. I was excited to see her friend, JD, would be in her class again. I knew she liked him last year and saw him occasionally at the Y this summer. Hopefully she will have fun again with him this year.

I am so excited for Abbie to start her first year of preschool. She is so inquisitive and talkative and just loves reading. I am hopeful she has a wonderful experience in school this year!

Abbie loved a magnifying glass she found in the Science center.

IMG_9064n IMG_9065n

Of course Carter had to join in on the magnifying glass excitement and carried around two of them. The classroom was definitely not meant for one year-olds! He was pulling things out left and right while I tried to pick up after him.

IMG_9067n

Abbie and JD explored the Science center together. Then it was on to Carter’s room to meet his teachers.

IMG_9068n

Carter the Ladybug

Carter is in the toddler class this year and will be going to school on Friday. He is in the Ladybug classroom, the same one Abbie was in last year. His teachers are Ms. Penni and Ms. Anne-Marie.

Carter happily walked into Abbie’s room and started checking things out, so I thought he would do the same when it came time so see his room. Oh no! The second we got within five feet of the door he refused to go any further. It was the strangest thing! He had been in the same room several times last year when we would pick Abbie up from school. I thought that would help. I was wrong. I had to carry him in the room while he was crying. Thankfully he quickly warmed up to the teachers and the room. I think he saw all of his new friends playing and wanted to be having fun, too!

IMG_9070n IMG_9091nIMG_9092n

Carter warmed up to his teacher, Ms. Penni, while she played with him. He even gave her a hug when we left.

IMG_9082nIMG_9076n IMG_9077n

Ms. Kelli, one of Abbie’s teachers from last year, was in the room today. Abbie LOVED seeing her again and played with her the whole time. Abbie took all of the little kids’ containers out and stacked them. Thankfully, she also unstacked them and put them all away willingly.

IMG_9093nIMG_9086nI know Carter is going to have so much fun at school. Hopefully, he will enjoy playing with other children his own age and the independent time away from Abbie and me. I can’t believe his first day of school is almost here. I am so exited for him!

(I am also excited for the five, glorious hours of freedom I will have on Friday! I have been waiting years for the day to arrive.)

1 comment:

Gauger Family said...

They will have so much fun!! And just what are you going to do on your days off???
(Too bad he can't go 2 days a week !!! :)