Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Haircuts and Cupcakes

The kids are both excited because one of their favorite visitors, Aunt Maggie, arrived today from Dallas! They are both so excited she is here and just love showing off for her.

Carter has needed a haircut forever and I noticed the other day there is a fun little cupcake shop a few doors down so I thought we could all go get his haircut and cupcakes. It was so nice having Maggie there to entertain Abbie while I was with Carter.

He was a little worried about the haircut at first and had zero interest in the Dora playing on the TV in front of him. He calmed down fairly quickly and just kept looking around at what else was going on. I have no idea how she managed to make his hair look normal at all! He ended up with a cute little haircut, not too baby but not too grown up.

IMG_8517

After that, we all went to the cupcake shop. I originally asked for regular vanilla cupcakes knowing that Abbie would probably not eat anything else. Of course they were out, so we ended up with lemon. Maggie, Carter and I thought the lemon cupcakes were wonderful. Carter actually ate quite a bit before he lost interest. Abbie, on the other hand, was not a fan of the lemon cupcake. I ended up running next door to HEB and buying her the standard vanilla cupcake. Well, actually I had to buy a package of 6 which cost me the same as one of the “gourmet” cupcakes! I felt bad for her as I had been promising her all day that we would eat cupcakes with Maggie. She ended up eating the icing and then was done. Oh well, we all had a fun afternoon with Maggie. Tomorrow she gets to watch swim lessons. I am sure she is so excited :)

IMG_8519IMG_8523 IMG_8521

2 comments:

Gauger Family said...

Fun!! Wish I was there too!

Lauren said...

Cute! Tell Maggie hi :)