Do you notice anything strange about this picture from my last post? It might be hard to figure out because it would seem almost impossible but your eyes are not deceiving you. Carter has now broken his right arm. I wish I was kidding.
Friday night Steve was upstairs giving the kids a bath. He went in the bathroom to turn on the water. Meanwhile, Carter thought he was being a big helper and grabbed his ear plugs and climbed up on his changing table to get ready for his bath. Then Steve said Abbie told him Carter was about to fall and he ran in the room to watch Carter fall off the changing table. Ugh. So Steve and Carter got to spend Friday night in the ER.
I just can’t believe this happened again. I am so upset about it. Needless to say, the next morning the changing table was put in the garage, much to Carter’s dismay. He pointed and whined as his Daddy carried it downstairs. I just don’t know what else we can do. He climbs on everything. He has no fear of falling or hurting himself. Combine that with what must be a seriously high pain tolerance and that makes for one crazy little boy. Steve said the only time he cried at the hospital was when he was getting his X-rays. He is afraid of the big machine. You would think he was used to it by now!
So we have to go back to his orthopedist tomorrow for a permanent cast. We were literally just there on Thursday for his two-week check-up on his left arm. Hopefully Steve can go with us this time because I am so embarrassed. I am sure we will discuss other reasons his bones might be breaking other than just falling. I am concerned about that, but honestly, he falls so much it really is not that much of a shock to me. He can trip and fall just walking down the hall.
But as you can see, a broken arm does not slow him down one bit! Here is he sweeping for me on Saturday. He just loves the broom. You can see his “cheese” face he gives me now when I tell him to smile. What a ham! He is lucky he is so cute for all the trouble he gets in to. I told Steve he will probably be the teenager jumping off the roof into the pool! I am not sure we will survive him. Steve said after Friday night we are officially done having kids!

2 comments:
I cannot believe he broke his arm! On another note, he looks SO old in these pictures :(
Poor little guy!! Don't beat yourself up about it, he's a climber and there's nothing you could have done :) Little kids are resilient, he'll be just fine!
Post a Comment