Thursday, August 26, 2010

All Better

Carter finally had his cast removed the day before we left for our trip. He had to wear it for three weeks. I am so glad we decided to get the water-proof cast. It was much easier to keep him clean since we could bathe him like normal. He was also able to continue swimming which was nice. I can’t imagine how disgusting the cast would have been if it had not been water-proof! It would have been covered in dirt, macaroni and cheese, applesauce, etc. That would not have been pleasant for anyone!

I was worried about having the cast cut off. As luck would have it, Steve realized it could slide right off the day before his appointment. That is one disadvantage to the water-proof cast. It was wet and slippery and just slid right off. He ended up just slipping it off at the doctor’s office. Now we can keep his little cast just as it was to remind us of this fun time! (I am kidding…I will keep it, but it was not a fun time!)

Carter wasn’t sure what to do with his arm once the cast came off. He kept moving his arm as if it was still on and kept pointing to it as if to say “Where is it?”. I think he got used to having it on and actually ended up liking it! He liked to bang toys on it to make a loud noise.

I hastily took some pictures right before he left to have his cast removed. He did look cute with it on! The only way he would agree to pictures was if he could continue eating his cereal. He is rapidly approaching the terrible two’s!

Here he is showing me his cast.

IMG_8631n IMG_8635nIMG_8634n

Here he is covering his eyes to play peek-a-boo. He loves to play peek-a-boo!

IMG_8636n

And here is a familiar scene during much of our day. Abbie kicked him out of the chair, and he came crying to Mommy. Good times!

IMG_8633n

1 comment:

Gauger Family said...

Yea! I'm glad it's off and He's back. Hopefully for not another repeat performance :)