Thursday, September 17, 2009

Our Little Cookie Monster

It has been raining for almost a week now, which is very unusual here. It was actually nice having a rainy weekend. Steve didn’t have to mow the yard, the house was clean, and we could all just enjoy our time at home together. A weekend with no chores is rare in this house! Abbie and I decided to take advantage of our time and make cookies!

I am horrible at making sugar cookies and really don’t enjoy it all the much. It is so much work! We did make about a dozen cookies before I gave up. Abbie had a great time “helping” me spread the flour and roll the dough. She also picked out the cookie cutters we used. We made firetrucks, dogs, stars, ducks and circles. Abbie also enjoyed icing the cookies. I wasn’t sure if she would actually eat the cookies (she is not a big cake/cookie eater) but she actually loved them! She is our own little cookie monster now!

IMG_4937n IMG_4939n IMG_4941n IMG_4943n IMG_4946n IMG_4950n

1 comment:

Gauger Family said...

Homemade cookies? That's what nestle tollhouse slice and bake cookies are made for!!!