Abbie has been saying some of the wittiest things lately! Steve and I always end up laughing…no matter how hard we may try not to. Here are a few of the things she has said in the past few days.
- Sharing is a big concept in Abbie’s life right now. We talk about sharing with her friends, her classmates, her little brother. Carter had a tray full of Cheerios last night at dinner. He loves them now and gets them as a treat after his baby food! Abbie wasn’t eating her dinner. Of course, the minute Carter was given Cheerios, she wanted some too. She reached over onto his tray and started eating all of them! When I told her to stop eating his Cheerios she replied “But Mommy, I have to share with my little brother.” I wish you could have heard her inflection, it was priceless! I was so surprised by her response that I couldn’t think of the right thing to say! Abbie out-smarted me! I just had to laugh. We obviously still need to work on the correct concept of sharing!
- This morning Steve went to get Abbie and Carter out of bed. It was a dark, rainy morning, and Bailey and I just wanted to stay in bed. Then we heard Stephen and Abbie calling “Mommy!” over and over again to come see them in Abbie’s room. We tried to ignore them. Then I heard Abbie say “Mommy, your daughter is calling you!”. She said that all by herself! So funny! As funny and adorable as it was…Bailey and I still hid in bed!
- Abbie still loves playing with my contacts, or “eye-tacts” as she calls them. This morning, she had a bunch of them laying on the ground under Carter’s jumperoo. When Steve told her to put them back where they belong she replied “Daddy, they are better under here.” Ugh. I have visions of her teenage years. I think those are going to be a rough few years in the Schmitt house!
- She walked into our bathroom to see me and said “Hi, person”.
- Stephen, Abbie and Carter were all playing on the floor in the playroom. Carter was rolling around and kicked Stephen as he was rolling. Abbie saw this and said “Carterman (Abbie’s nickname for Carter), it is not nice to hit people. If you are bad, you have to go to thinking time like Abbie.”.

No comments:
Post a Comment