Monday, September 14, 2009

Here We Go Again

It is Monday, which means the start of another busy week for us! You wouldn’t think we would be that busy, and we really aren’t, but it sure does feel that way. Just the daily care of these two monkeys is exhausting; the feedings, bathings, laundry, picking up toys, etc. Throw in MDO, swimming, playgroup and Gymboree and life gets pretty hectic. Here is our typical week this fall (for my own remembrance). Feel free to ignore!

Monday – 9:00 Abbie Swimming

Then we rush home. I immediately put Carter down for his morning nap and Abbie gets a bath. Later we have lunch and playtime and then it is afternoon naps. After naps we usually play or do errands until Daddy comes home.

Tuesday – 9:00 Abbie Goes to School

9:30 Carter (and Mommy) Swimming

Then we rush home for Carter’s nap and my quick shower. Once he wakes up he gets a quick bath and eats some baby food so we can go to his Gymboree class.

12:15 Carter Gymboree

After Gymboree, I feed Carter his bottle there and then we drive straight over to pick up Abbie at school. What a morning!

2:00 Pick Up Abbie from School

We come home to put Carter down for his nap. Despite only napping for 30 minutes or so, Abbie will not take another nap. She has a snack and some down time after school. We all count down until Daddy comes home!

Wednesday – 10:00 Abbie’s Playgroup

We love seeing our friends! It is getting harder with Carter as he usually misses his morning nap and is not too happy about it! Oh well, only a few more months of a morning nap. The rest of the day we play at home. Both kids usually take good afternoon naps this day. Abbie is tired from her missed nap the day before and Carter is tired from his missed morning nap.

Thursday – 9:00 Abbie Goes to School

Carter and I come home and enjoy the silence! We have a nice morning together. I love spending quiet time alone with him!

2:00 Pick Up Abbie from School

Friday – NOTHING! Hooray!

I am so thankful to have this time home with Abbie and Carter while they are young. I know how fortunate I am to be able to stay home with them and do all these fun things! The best part is seeing the two of them growing up together. They love each other so much! They spend most of their time together. When they are apart on school days, they are always excited to see one another. When I pick Abbie up from school, she comes to say hi to me and then immediately goes to her little brother and asks him how is morning was. It is the sweetest thing. His face lights up the moment he sees her! All of the hard work of having two little kids is so worth it! I love watching Abbie thrive in her role as the big sister. And Carter just watches everything Abbie does with delight. They may not always be the best of friends, but they will always have each other and memories of their time together!

IMG_4955

1 comment:

Gauger Family said...

You could have a child like mine and STILL take a morning nap at 23 months old, Ha!!