Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Our Day Together!

A few weeks ago, Abbie and I went to Houston to visit everyone. We drove down on Thursday. Abbie did really well during the four and a half hour car ride. We talked for a long time about things we saw outside. About half way into the trip, she watched some of her videos on the IPOD and ate her snacks. Then she took a short nap before we finally arrived!

Friday was just the two of us, as Mimi and Bebe were at work. We woke up and had a yummy breakfast including donuts! Abbie loves the little, white donuts. They are a special treat that she only eats at Mimi’s house. (I don’t buy them because I would be too tempted to eat them!) She loved eating two of the donuts, in addition to her pears and orange juice. I think she even had one later in the afternoon for a snack!

IMG_4715n2 IMG_4711n2 IMG_4712n2

After breakfast, we went to the Children’s Museum of Houston. We had been last summer with our friends Michelle and Michael and had a great time! I had heard that it had been updated in the spring and wanted to check it out.

It was amazing! Abbie had the best time in the little city called Kidtropolis. It has a grocery store, bank and diner, among other things. Even I thought it was so much fun and I go to the “real” places all the time! She also loved the huge, outdoor WaterWorks area. Here are some pictures from our visit!

Our first stop was at the City Hall/Police Station where Abbie drove the police car and ambulance.

IMG_4720n2

Then she found the grocery store and wanted to play there forever! She loved putting things in her basket.

IMG_4724n2

IMG_4726n2

She liked checking herself out. She did not understand where you are supposed to scan the items and kept holding them up to the screen! I tried to show her how to do it but she paid no attention to me. Then she found the money in the cash register. Abbie loves money! It took a while, but I finally managed to pull her away from the grocery store. It was not easy to do! As I was trying to put all the items in her basket away to leave, she would just get a new one and start filling it up!IMG_4727n

IMG_4730n

IMG_4733n

Next, she made be a delicious hot dog with ketchup at the diner.

IMG_4736n

IMG_4738n

The vet’s office was so cute! It had crates for all the animals and an examining table.

IMG_4739nIMG_4740n

Abbie loved the art studio! There were special crayons that you drew with and then painted over with water for a cool watercolor effect. Abbie had so much fun that she went back several times to paint!

IMG_4742n

IMG_4745nIMG_4771n

We both had fun at the news studio! I convinced her to sit behind the desk and got a cute picture. Then, she saw me on the television screen behind the desk and just kept telling me to go back! She loved seeing me on the television!IMG_4750nIMG_4751nIMG_4752n

Go back over there Mommy!

IMG_4758n

We made our way to the outdoor WaterWorks area. It is huge! There are so many fun things to do with water. Abbie had a great time!

IMG_4760nIMG_4761nIMG_4764n

IMG_4767n

Our last stop in Kidtropolis was the bank. Abbie sure does love money! She liked opening the vault and helping me with a deposit.

IMG_4774n

IMG_4775n IMG_4776n IMG_4778n

We finished our trip to the museum with a few other exhibits and then went to the cafeteria for lunch!IMG_4781nIMG_4768n

On our way home, we stopped by Mimi’s elementary school. Mimi gave her a tour of the school. She loved seeing all the big kids! The music class sang a song for her, and she got to go in a kindergarten classroom. She also got to hug the biggest Curious George we have ever seen in the library.

IMG_4786n

Maybe Abbie will be a lefty. She does a lot of things with her left hand but also uses her right. I think it is still too early to tell.

Abbie and I had a great time together on our trip! She loved having all the attention. I enjoyed spending time with my little girl! When I asked her if she wanted to bring Carter with us next time she said no! She said he could stay with daddy! I think she must have had a great time too!

1 comment:

Gauger Family said...

How fun! I've always wanted to go to the one here sometime. And it looks like it wasn't very crowded!