I think every little boy and girl should have a dog growing up, or any animal, as a pet. We definitely love our Bailey, or Baba, in this house! Even though she is most certainly “my” dog (more like baby!), I gladly “share” her with Stephen, Abbie and Carter.
Carter loves Bailey. Any time Bailey comes near him he gets very excited! He laughs when she licks his toes and pets her (more like grabs her ears). Bailey is much more interested in playing with Carter than Abbie. Bailey learned a long time ago that playing with Abbie usually involves Abbie laying on top of her. My two girls also “fight” over who gets to be next to Mommy. Carter, on the other hand, is not able to crawl after Bailey. Bailey loves to go up to him and sniff him or lick his toes without the fear of him running after her. I hate to tell Bailey that Carter’s crawling days are rapidly approaching! (He has started to do a little army crawl!) I will let her enjoy her little, immobile, brother for a little longer!
These pictures were taken while the three of us were playing this morning. We were all enjoying the peacefulness of a toddler-free house! I dug out my old Mommy and Me CD for Carter to listen to. I still have all the songs, including the order, memorized from listening to them so much when Abbie was little! We were invited to go to lunch with Carter’s Gymboree friends, but I honestly think I would rather stay home and do nothing! It seems so easy to take care of Carter by himself on the days when Abbie is in school!

No comments:
Post a Comment