I was hoping to get most things packed up on Friday night. Of course, that didn’t happen because I was with Carter and Abbie at a birthday party until 8:30 that night. Then Steve had to meet Mimi halfway to trade Bailey so she could stay with them. After all of that, I was just too exhausted to pack a thing and left it all until Saturday morning. By some miracle, we were actually on our way not too late that morning!
We drove for a couple of hours before we made our first stop. Elisabeth did great! She slept most of the way and then just watched what Abbie and Carter were doing in the third row the rest of the time. They had their DVD, headphones, water, snacks and toys. They were set for a while!
Of course this would also have to be the weekend Carter’s name was drawn to bring the class Corduroy home with us for the weekend. Corduroy had a big adventure with us for sure!
We stopped for lunch at Subway and to feed Elisabeth. The kids had a nice break from the car, went to the bathroom, and then we were on our way again!
I can’t believe I didn’t take a single picture of Elisabeth on our way! She is just so quiet most of the time that I guess I forget to take her picture. And less face it, it would just be another picture of her in her carseat, poor thing!
The rest of the drive went as smoothly as possible with three kids. I don’t remember feeling like it was all that miserable so I guess it was a success!
We had a lot of fun to look forward to. We were going to Gracie’s birthday party, playing in the pumpkins at the Arboretum, driving by our old house, and getting Elisabeth’s footprint cross made. We packed a lot in our 24 hours there!

1 comment:
I got so excited when I read the line about you guys wanting to move back here. That would be sooooo awesome. You should have your parents move up here too so we could have a big party :)
Post a Comment