Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Abbie Lost Another Tooth!

Last night Abbie lost her third tooth! She had been complaining of a wiggly tooth for a while now.  Last night during the crazy bath/bed routine she pulled it out!  She had gone in the bathroom and was very quiet.  I should have known she was up to something but I was too busy dealing with Carter and Elisabeth to check on her.  Sure enough, she came out of the bathroom holding her tooth!  Since she pulled it, it actually bled a little this time, which scared her.  I assured her it was completely normal.  She is so excited to go to school today because you get to wear a special necklace that lets everyone know you lost a tooth.  She was also excited about a visit from the Tooth Fairy, which caused me to have a minor panic attack. 

Stephen is out of town this week.  Since she pulled it at night when they were all going to bed, I didn’t have a chance to get anything for the Tooth Fairy to leave.  (Our Tooth Fairy doesn’t leave money yet.  Abbie was so young when she lost her first tooth that money would have meant nothing to her.  I think she still would prefer little treats, so that is what we do!)  I am trying hard to keep the little magical things in childhood (the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny) special for Abbie, and to try to keep them special for the years we still have with Carter and Elisabeth.  I knew that not getting anything from the Tooth Fairy that night was just not an option.  I was actually ready to ask my neighbor if she would sit with them while they slept so I could go get something.  Thankfully I remembered I had picked up a random assortment of Halloween things (a bucket, glow sticks, candy, etc.) that I just hadn’t had a chance to put together and give to them.  So our Tooth Fairy was very excited about Halloween this year and left them special treats.  (She always leaves something little for Carter when she stops by our house.  Abbie says it is not fair, since she is the one who lost the tooth.  But I say it is not fair that he just isn’t old enough to lose teeth yet!  The Tooth Fairy leaves him something for doing a good job brushing his teeth!)  I was so thankful that the Tooth Fairy’s Halloween-themed treats were a big hit.  I did, however, run into a snag a little later in the week when Carter broke his glow stick, and I told him we would just get a new one for Halloween.  He asked how the Tooth Fairy would know to bring him another one! 

Abbie left the picture and her tooth for the Tooth Fairy.
IMG_8196n
Here she is before school today.  She was so excited to show everyone she lost another tooth!
IMG_8197n
I just love her silly, toothless grin!

1 comment:

Gauger Family said...

Oh wow, you were lucky to have some special treats on hand! You'd better stock up on things and get ready for Carter to lose one too!!