Thankfully, we had lots of help. We all took turn entertaining Abbie, consoling poor Carter and taking care of Elisabeth. Once Abbie got home from school, it was time to carve our pumpkin (nothing like waiting until the last minute…but we literally had no other time to do it!). Abbie got to design the face and then Bebe helped her carve it. Carter’s latest round of Motrin kicked in and he was able to spend a little time with us and help.
After pumpkin carving, Carter went back to our bed to rest/watch TV while Abbie and Elisabeth spent time with Mimi.
Next thing we knew it was time for us to eat our pizza and then head outside for the fun!! Of course I had to get a few pictures of the kids before they took off down the street to where all the neighbors were gathering.
(Sorry Elisabeth, we spent about two minutes acknowledging it was your very first Halloween. We sure do love our adorable little pumpkin though! I promise one day we will make it up to you sweet third baby! Probably when you are in high school and you are the only one still at home and then you won’t want our undivided attention.)
We went down the street to meet up with some of our neighbors. All of the kids looked so cute in their costumes. Despite feeling completely miserable, Carter always tried to keep up with Abbie and the big kids and was always right by her side.
Abbie rides the bus with a third grader, Riley, who lives a few houses down. She invited Abbie to go trick-or-treating with her. I am not going to lie. I was completely caught off guard when Abbie told me that when she got off the bus. I am just so used to our little family going around together. It never occurred to me that it would be any different. I guess I am just not ready for her to be a big kid and go with her friends. But I was happy for her because she was SO excited!
Stephen went of with Abbie and the big kids while I took Elisabeth and Carter home. Carter did muster up enough energy to go trick-or-treating to the house next door but that was it.
Carter was perfectly happy to come inside, put on his cozy PJs, and cuddle up in bed and watch a show while waiting for Abbie to get home. I felt so bad for him to be so sick on such a fun holiday. Hopefully next Halloween is a million times better for him!
Stephen and Abbie came home after I put Elisabeth to bed. We quickly got Abbie and Carter to bed. Then I had to do my nightly round of Lysoling the entire house, washing my sheets, etc. before I literally crashed. I am not sure I could have lasted a minute longer. Hopefully next Halloween will be a little less crazy!

No comments:
Post a Comment