Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Elisabeth is 3 Months!

Another month has gone by and Elisabeth is now three months old!  She just went to the doctor to get the second half of her 2-month shots and she weighed 13 pounds 8 ounces.  She really seems to be feeling better now and is much for relaxed and happy. 
  • Elisabeth is still an excellent sleeper!  She consistently sleep from around 8:30 at night to 8:00 in the morning, waking once to eat.  She takes two long naps during the day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.  Each nap is usually 2-3 hours.  Then she still takes a short nap around dinner time, usually in her swing while I am doing dinner.  We still swaddle her to sleep.
  • She has started to sleep in her crib at night!  I thought it was time to try sleeping in her room and she did just fine.  She still sleeps in the bassinet in our room during the day just to be away from all the crazy noise from Abbie and Carter.  (Her room is right next to the playroom.)  I think I will try to keep her in the bassinet for naps until school starts and the house is a little quieter.
  • She is eating about 5 times a day.  She eats about every 4 hours during the day and between 4-6 ounces each feeding.  The she has one feeding during the night.
  • She is still on the special formula and reflux medicine.  We will probably reevaluate the need for those when she is around 6 months old.
  • She is now wearing size 2 diapers and is already in her 6 month or 6-12 month clothes!
  • Elisabeth rolled over for the very first time a week shy of her 3 month birthday!  She rolled over from her tummy to her back with ease.
  • She still loves her tummy time and has started to really enjoy playing with her toys.  She likes to look at herself in the mirror and play with her ball and firefly toy.  She immediately tries to put everything she grabs in to into her mouth.  She even tried out her Bumbo chair for the first time and liked it!
  • She does not suck her thumb or use a pacifier at the moment.
  • She has a dimple on her left cheek when she smiles.  It is adorable!  I have no idea where she got that from!
  • She is really talking and cooing a lot these days!  I wonder if she will be an early talker like Abbie.
  • She loves to watch everyone.  She always wants to see what Abbie and Carter are up to.  She loves to watch them and I often put her in her bouncy seat to watch them and she is perfectly happy.  Sometimes as I am carrying her I look down to see her smiling at me.  It is the sweetest thing ever!
We just love our little Elisabeth.  She is such a sweet baby and really only cries when she is tired or hungry.  She is very patient (for a baby) when she has to wait her turn because I am helping Abbie or Carter with something.  She really seems to enjoy the world and people around her.  I can’t wait until she is a little bit older and can really start exploring it!
IMG_7006nIMG_7020nIMG_7019nIMG_7014nIMG_7016n

No comments: