Sunday, June 24, 2012

Brave

This afternoon Carter and I went on a movie date!  I have been asking Abbie and Carter if they wanted to go see Brave.  Carter loves going to the movies, if only for the popcorn!  Abbie, on the other hand, asks as if going to the movies is a punishment.  Everything is scary to her.  She recently went to see Madagascar 3 with Mimi and Bebe and was scared.  I did not think there were any scary parts in the movie!  Her response to me when I asked her if she wanted to go see Brave was “But I just went to the movies!” in a whiney voice.  Seriously, what child doesn’t want to go to the movies?!?  So Carter and I decided to have a mommy/son date and go by ourselves!

We arrived at the theater just in time to quickly get his kids pack of popcorn and a drink and then go in the theater.  It was already very crowded, but we managed to find two perfect seats on the end (perfect for going to the bathroom in the middle of the previews!).  A few parts in the movie were a little scary, but nothing out of the ordinary for a Disney/Pixar movie.  Carter did great and seemed to have a good time, although at one scary part he did say he wished Abbie was there.  I guess she is his security blanket!  We had so much fun on our little date!
IMG_6878IMG_6874
After the movie we went to Walmart, just the two of us.  He had a good time walking around the store with me and even picked out a giant coloring book for Abbie and himself.  It was so fun spending the afternoon with my little boy.  I think of all of our kids, Carter will be the one to end up with the least amount of alone time with us, so it is important to do it whenever we can!
IMG_6880

No comments: