Saturday, June 9, 2012

Abbie’s Last Soccer Games

This morning Abbie had two soccer games in a row to finish up her Spring season along with a little party afterward!  It was a long, hot morning but also a lot of fun.
IMG_6731n
Abbie, Carter and I drove to the game and met Mimi and Bebe at the soccer field.  Stephen and Elisabeth came for the second game and the party.  (It was just way too hot for Elisabeth to be outside for any length of time.  Fortunately, the fields were located at the Y so we could go inside and rest in the cool building.)  Abbie and Carter were so excited to see Mimi and Bebe as usual.  It took a while, but we finally got all of our chairs, umbrellas and blankets set up.  On top of that I was snack mom for the first game and had to bring a giant cooler and snacks.  If I am ever going to survive outdoor sports for three kids I am going to have to come up with a better gear situation!  Anyway, the kids had fun running around with their friends before the game started.
IMG_6729nIMG_6730n
(I was trying to get a picture of Abbie with her friend, Katie, and Carter pushed his way in.  He is always making his way into pictures!)
Abbie did a great job in both games.  She played all different positions in offense, defense and goalie.  She loved being the goalie!  That completely surprised me.  She did a great job and did not let anyone score on her.  She did not make any goals today but had lots of close attempts.  We were all so proud of the great job she did!
IMG_6732nIMG_6734nIMG_6737nIMG_6738nIMG_6746nIMG_6747nIMG_6750nIMG_6752nIMG_6757nIMG_6758nIMG_6759nIMG_6760n
Abbie and her teammates were so excited to celebrate the season at the party after the last game!  They all enjoyed snacks and cupcakes.
IMG_6761nIMG_6767nIMG_6771nIMG_6772nIMG_6773n
Next it was time for them to receive their medals and trophies.  Abbie was so excited to be getting a medal and trophy for the very first time!  She really had a wonderful and positive experience in her first organized team sport.  I am so thankful that it was a fun experience.  She also really liked her coach.  Coach Eric was great with the kids and made sure they all had fun at each practice and game.  I keep telling Stephen he should coach one of their teams and he says no!  There was a mom coach of one of the teams we played today.  Who knows, maybe I will be a coach some day! 
IMG_6775nIMG_6776nIMG_6782nIMG_6781nIMG_6777n
Way to go Abbie!  After our big morning of soccer, we came home to eat lunch and take baths.  Then Abbie and Carter left with Mimi and Bebe to stay with them for a few days.  The kids could not have been more excited!  It was a great day!

3 comments:

Gauger Family said...

I bet she was the best one! She has the longest legs!!

Wendy said...

Way to go, Abbie! I love your pig tails! :)

Wendy said...

Way to go, Abbie! I love your pig tails! :)