Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday Reader

This afternoon Stephen I had the opportunity to be Friday Readers for Abbie’s class.  Each Friday, a parent or parents reads to the class for the last 20 minutes or so of the day.  We are signed up for today and one day in the Spring.  Stephen and I were both excited to be able to see Abbie in her class with her friends!

We brought 4 books with us to read.  Abbie picked out 2 and I picked out the others.  She was so excited when we arrived!  She loved having the special attention and acted like quite the little ham.  I had never seen her act that way!  Mrs. Murphy even commented on how she had never seen that side of Abbie.  I think she is usually very quiet and somewhat shy in class, but I guess having us there made her feel a little more comfortable.

We had a great time and enjoyed seeing her classmates and teacher.  Then she even got to leave a little early with us instead of riding the bus home.  What a fun experience!  We can’t wait until we can do it again in the Spring!
IMG_7882nIMG_7883nIMG_7885nIMG_7887nIMG_7888nIMG_7889n
We stopped on our way home to take a picture of Abbie with her artwork.  Her mouse is the girl with classes on the top.