All of our children have amazing godparents, and Elisabeth is no different. Her godfather is Luke, Steve’s cousin, and her godmother is Michelle, my sweet friend/sister. Elisabeth is blessed to have two amazing people in such a special role in her life!
Nana, Pop Pop and Rachel were here visiting for the weekend. Mimi, Bebe and Grandmere also came for the special day. Since Luke wasn’t able to come from NJ for the baptism, Bebe stood up for him. Thank you Bebe for taking on that important role! Michelle and Russ came as well with their children Michael, Julia and Andrew. Everyone came over to visit and have lunch before the ceremony. It was a great time for everyone to get together and catch up and cuddle little Elisabeth.
We had a simple lunch of sandwiches, chips, fruit and cake. For as simple as it was, it even took a lot of planning and time to put together! I just don’t have much spare time these days for party planning! I did easy decorations of flowers and pictures. I also made some tissue paper poms for the first time that turned out well. I thought the house looked nice for the special occasion and didn’t take much time to put together (or take down). Hopefully everyone enjoyed their lunch!
Elisabeth’s cake was yummy! I had to carry on the tradition of taking her picture by her cake. I think she wanted to try it! I wish she could have eaten some of it because I ate WAY too much!
Abbie’s Baptism, August 2005
Carter’s Baptism, July 2009
We took an adorable cousin picture right before it was time to leave. Love it!We also took some adorable pictures of Andrew and Elisabeth together in the monogrammed clothes Michelle had made for them months before they were even born. Don’t they look so cute!? Andrew is two weeks younger than Elisabeth but already much bigger than her. He is going to be a linebacker one day! I think he was trying to sneak a kiss!
Next it was time for the baptism! We all managed to arrive about 15 minutes early which was truly a miracle. Good thing the church is only three minutes away! We were last in line (in alphabetical order) which meant we were in the last pews of the church. That ended up being a nice thing because we took up a lot of room and no one could see how crazy things were in the back!
Elisabeth was pretty grumpy by this time because it was nap time and close to time for her to eat again. I fed her a bottle and she ended up falling fast asleep. She slept through most of the baptism, only waking for a moment when the water was poured on her head. She literally opened her eyes for a second at the surprise of the water and then went right back to sleep! I was hopeful it would go well since she loves getting a bath. Elisabeth wasn’t the only one who was fast asleep. Poor Carter was so exhausted from his big weekend that he fell sound asleep on a pew! Thankfully, the baptism went as smoothly as possible.
After the baptism we went outside for more pictures. I can’t help it, I like taking pictures! One day we will look back at them and be so happy we took the time to take these pictures to remember this special day!
It was truly a wonderful day with our dear family and friends in honor of our little Elisabeth. God bless you, sweet Elisabeth!

1 comment:
She looks so so sweet! All the kids look great. What a special day!
Post a Comment