All week I heard lots of various cheers (many were cookie-themed), funny phrases (“Hands on hips, smiles on lips!”) and watched her practice little jumps over and over again. Even Carter got in the cheer spirit. He overheard Abbie say a cheer two times and then was able to say the whole thing (complete with hand motions) perfectly! (He is one smart cookie.) I thought the cheers were hilarious. They were trying to cheer for one team while not being too mean to the other. (For example, one includes the phrases “What’s wrong with the other team? Nothing at all…they just can’t play ball.”)
On the last day the parents were invited to watch the girls cheer for the kids playing in the basketball camp and perform a half-time show. Carter, Elisabeth and I went up to watch her perform. Steve came as well but arrived at the very end. Abbie had a great time cheering and playing around with a few friends on her squad, Katie and Ava. The little half-time performance was cute as well. I think Cheer Camp was a big hit!
Once Cheer Camp was over we all went out to lunch with Daddy. It was a fun day! I am so glad that Abbie had fun at her camp and tried something new. She sure did make a cute little cheerleader!

1 comment:
She is a cute cheerleader. The cheers sound funny :)
Post a Comment