Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Visit From Aunt Maggie!

One of Abbie and Carter’s favorite people came for a visit, Aunt Maggie!  We usually drive up to visit Maggie, Shannon and Gracie in June and stay with Maggie.  Since Elisabeth was so little this June, we weren’t able to make our trip up to visit so Maggie drove down to visit us!

Maggie is so wonderful with the kids and they just adore her.  They were so excited when she arrived!  Maggie came with us to gymnastics class on Monday afternoon.  Abbie and Carter were excited she was going to see them do their gymnastics.  Maggie got to sit with Elisabeth and I (and my friend Jennifer and her youngest, Caroline) for an hour on the bleachers while the kids were in class.  I am sure Maggie just can’t wait until she is sitting around during classes with her kids!
IMG_7292n
After gymnastics, we picked up a pizza and came home for dinner.  Then we went for a special treat, frozen yogurt!  It was a really fun night!  After our treat, we came home and got all the kids ready for bed.  Maggie even read them their bedtime story.  I was so happy Maggie was here and to have her help while Stephen was gone.  Getting the three of them ready for bed is never easy!
IMG_7293nIMG_7294nIMG_7296n
I just love this picture!  It is so crazy to see Maggie with my three kids.  In my mind I still picture Maggie as 20 years old, my best friend and college roommate who I spent just about every single day with and did everything with.  I can’t wait until Maggie has kids, and I get to be their Aunt Lindsay!
Maggie and I got to hang out Monday night after the kids went to bed and then again Tuesday morning while the kids were at school and Elisabeth took a nap.  It was so fun to talk and catch up!  We ate lunch and then it was time for her to drive home.  I was sad that she had to leave but excited that I get to see her again in just a few weeks for our friend’s wedding in DC.  We love you, Aunt Maggie!