Tuesday, June 23, 2009

We Did It!

We all made it through our first day of VBS!

I had to drop both the kids off in their respective classrooms this morning by 8:50. Not easy! I dropped Abbie off first. It was good to be in the familiar surroundings of her school, but she was not in the same room and did not have the same teachers. Of course, as soon as she heard other kids in her room crying, she started to cry. I finally just took her in the room and left. I dropped Carter off in the nursery across the hall. He is just the best little baby! He did just fine and did not care who was holding him. I then rushed to meet my 4 year old class.

I checked on both of them periodically throughout the day. Abbie ended up being just fine. I saw her during craft time holding a little boy’s hand. So sweet! When I checked on Carter, he was sound asleep in a swing just like he has at home. Abbie saw me once when our two classes happened to be at the bounce house at the same time. She was so excited to see me and not happy about leaving me again.

She was just fine when I went to pick her up this afternoon. She seemed to have a great time. Carter was perfectly happy as well, although they said he wouldn’t eat (no kidding). We all came home to eat lunch and now both of them are napping. Whew…what a morning! Do I really have to do this all over again tomorrow?

No comments: