Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

I would like to wish Stephen a very happy Father's Day! He is the best dad in the whole world, and we are all lucky to have him! We would also like to wish our dads and grandpas a great day!

What a day it was (and not in a good way)! It started out fine. Then, I went out around lunch to a quick meeting for vacation bible school at Abbie's school. When I got home, Abbie was spontaneously napping on the sofa at 11:30! That is not a good sign. She ran a fever of 103.4 much of the afternoon! Given her history of a UTI, and the fact that despite the high fever she was showing no other symptoms, I decided it was best to take her to the pediatric after-hours clinic. We spent almost 2 hours there this afternoon! After ruling out an ear infection, strep throat and the flu, we are left to think it is either another UTI or a virus. Until we get her test results for the UTI, she is on an antibiotic just in case.

She is now sleeping soundly, thank goodness. I am sad we will miss our first day of VBS. Carter was going to the nursery, Abbie was going to the preschool class, and I was to co-teach a 4 year old class. Hopefully she will be feeling much better tomorrow, and we will be able to make a few days of VBS. Stay tuned...

Don't forget to read the other new post below!

No comments: