Friday, June 26, 2009

Vacation Bible School 2009

Abbie, Carter and I all had a great time at VBS this year! Despite missing Monday due to Abbie’s illness, we went the rest of the week. Carter stayed in the nursery, Abbie was in a 2 year-olds class, and I taught a 4 year-olds class.

Carter stayed in the nursery Tuesday and Wednesday. Steve stayed with him on Thursday before he went out of town, and Mimi stayed with him this morning. From what I hear, he mostly just slept and ate while in the nursery. Unfortunately, I was never able to get any pictures of him there!

Abbie enjoyed her little class. She cried when I dropped her off on Tuesday and today. I think she stopped crying fairly quickly though. I know it must have been hard for her to be in a new room with all new people. However, I never want her to be afraid of new environments, so I figured she should start trying new things. She ended up adapting well and enjoyed the week. The last two days I brought her to sit with my class for the closing songs and announcements which she loved! Here are a few pictures I was able to get during the week. It was hard to get any of her at VBS as I did not want her to see me until it was time to go!

IMG_3838n

Here are the two of us this morning before our last day at VBS. Abbie thought it was so fun to be wearing matching shirts!

IMG_3815n

IMG_3817n

The following pictures were taken during today’s closing assembly. The children sang the songs they had learned all week and performed the little dances. One of the adorable girls in my class, Lexi, danced with Abbie and tried to show her how to do the moves! I thought Abbie would be completely overwhelmed because there were so many kids and the music was so loud, but she loved it! She kept wanting to go right up next to the stage and dance. I convinced her to just stand next to me in the aisle by getting Lexi to dance with her.

IMG_2208nIMG_2209nWe all had a great week, and now we are all exhausted! It was a lot of fun to “teach” again just for a few days. Hopefully we have as much fun next year!

1 comment:

Lauren, Vito and Bailey said...

Too cute with the matching VBS shirts! Hope you all are having a great weekend!