Just look in the bottom of my stroller! We went to the mall last week after Abbie's last day of school. I let Abbie wander around Gymboree, thinking she would just watch cartoons on the little TV in the store. I must have turned away from the stroller for a second in the store.
We made it back to the car and into carseats. The last thing I had to do was fold up the stroller when I noticed a little pair of baby boy shoes and a huge pair of yellow socks in the basket on the bottom of the stroller! I pulled out the socks and asked what they were doing there. She said "Abbie wants them"! Now I realize she is only two and really had no idea what she was doing. However, I always make a point of telling Abbie when we are paying for things at stores and why we are doing it.
The last thing I wanted to do was go back into the mall and return the items. To make matters worse, we had just walked by an off-duty police officer who was a security guard at Dillard's. I would have been so embarrased if he had noticed Abbie's shoplifting spree in the bottom of my stroller! We took the things back to the store and apologized before finally heading home.
Now I always make sure to check the bottom of the stroller before we leave a store!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment