Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What's In a Name?

Carter Joseph Schmitt...that is the name Stephen and I have decided to call our little boy. It is a name that has roots in all sides of our families. Carter is obviously my family name. I have always thought it would be a great first name and wonderful way to carry on my family name. Thankfully, Stephen loves the name as well. Joseph is both my maternal grandfather's name and Stephen's maternal grandfather's name. We think they are both wonderful men and wanted to honor them. Finally, the Schmitt name will continue on as this is the first boy grandchild for Stephen's parents. We can't wait to meet Carter in exactly 4 months from now...or sooner as I think! We all love him so much already and can't wait to hug and kiss him!
We went for our 22 week check up and ultrasound this morning. Carter weighs 1lb 4oz and is 11.5 inches long. He was moving all over the place during the ultrasound. I think he thought his big sister was on mommy's tummy and disturbing him. He kept kicking me! The doctor said that all of the measurements are perfect, and he is currently in the 57% for his size/weight. Hopefully he will stay that way and not be a huge baby like Stephen was! Here are some of the ultrasound pictures. I think his legs look so long in the first picture! The ultrasound technician said his thigh bone measured very long.


A picture of his hand. He is already getting is thumb ready!

A picture of his long foot.


4 comments:

Leslie said...

Love the name and love the u/s pics. So sweet!

Gauger Family said...

His legs do look really long! You might have a basketball player!!!

Lauren said...

Aww, Carter is so cute! I know you guys are excited to meet him :)
Lauren

Unknown said...

Pop Joe would have been pleased to have a little namesake. He loved babies and was thrilled at the birth of every new grandchild. He never met any of his great-grandchildren but I am sure hs is enjoying watching them from heaven, including Carter! love, NANA