Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Meet the Teacher Day! September 2008
We are back from our exciting trip to the Jersey shore! More on the trip later. Abbie is starting Children's Day Out this Fall. She will go on Tuesdays from 9-2. Abbie is the youngest in her class, as she missed the actual cut-off date by 20 days. I don't think she will have any problem fitting in with the "big" kids though! This morning we all went to meet her teachers, Ms. Pam and Ms. Mary, and to see her classroom. Abbie walked right into her classroom and began exploring on her own (typical Abbie!). She tried out the small table and chairs and then moved on to the play kitchen. She met some of the other children in her class and began "playing " with them. I use the term playing very loosely! Playing for Abbie usually involves other children taking things away from her as she gives them a confused look! I always feel so bad for her! Maybe one of these days she will stick up for herself. It doesn't seem to bother her much though. She just moves on to playing with something else! Her teachers were able to see a little of her mischievous side as she tried to climb on the table and take posters off the wall. I hope she doesn't spend too much time in the "Time Out" chair, not that she will mind! She loves to climb on chairs! They might have to think of another way to discipline Abbie. What can I say, that is just Abbie! Unlike some of the other children who were holding on to their mom's leg, Abbie was out exploring the classroom on her own. I really hope her first day next Tuesday goes as well! I am hoping that if I can sneak away quietly she will be so busy playing she won't even notice I am gone. Hopefully I can handle the first day of school as well as she does! I am sure I will be counting down the time the first day until I can go check on her and find out how her day went! Here are some pictures of her checking out all of the fun things in her classroom. Despite her hysterics in the last picture, she actually had a lot of fun! It is hard to believe our little baby is already starting "school"!








Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment