Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Houston Children's Museum

On Monday, August 25th, the day before our big trip, Abbie and I went to the Houston Children's Museum. We met my best friend from high school, Michelle, and her son, Michael, at the museum to play. It was so wonderful to see Michelle again after far too many years! It was also so much fun to meet Michael and to see Abbie and Michael play together!
The museum has a very nice play area just for children under 3. It was fun to let Abbie and Michael explore while Michelle and I talked. They both had a great time!


Abbie carried these shakers around FOREVER! She also loved running back and forth on this ramp.

Adorable Michael

Notice Abbie going down head first. Of course she would do that!

They both loved this little car. Michael even put gas in it for them!


Our next stop was the grocery store. Abbie loved playing with the fruit and putting all sorts of things in her basket. She also checked herself out at the cash register!


Our last stop before lunch was the farm area. Abbie was amazed by the live chicks! She loved watching them and kept trying to touch them through the glass!

After we were done playing, we all ate lunch in the cafe. It was funny eating lunch with Michelle and Michael. It doesn't seem like that long ago that Michelle and I were eating lunch together in the high school cafeteria! I think Abbie and Michael had a great time at the museum. I know Michelle and I enjoyed catching up! Abbie was sound asleep in the car about two minutes into the drive home! We can't wait to see you again Michelle and Michael!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

We too had the BEST time! We miss our 'girls from dallas' already!! Can't wait to see you both again...hopefully before little brother joins the family! :)