Here is the lunch I made for her. It had most of her favorites, sweet potatoes, turkey and ham, cheese and cheddar bunnies. The way you see it is about what it looked like when we brought it home! I don't think she had a thing for lunch. She was probably to busy having fun sitting at the little table with all of the other students. Her note home said she smiled a lot during lunch. I don't think it included a lot of eating! She came right home and ate a snack of banana, raisins, a few cheddar bunnies and her milk.
Here are a few pictures of Abbie's very proud mommy and daddy right before we walked her in to her classroom.
I knew the drop-off was not going to go very well as I could already hear other children crying behind her classroom door! If Abbie sees another child cry she always gets upset and starts to cry. I think she is very sensitive to other children. So as we dropped her off at the door she started to cry along with all of the other children. We watched her for a few minutes through the one-way glass and could see she was still crying. I told Steve we just had to go. I was very proud of myself as I didn't even cry! I just knew she would be fine and have a great time once everything calmed down. I resisted the urge to call and see how she was doing. I kept myself busy by running errands to Target and Kroger. Then I picked up her toys and put away laundry. By that time it was already time for lunch! I was fine until the last hour before I picked her up at 2. I was counting down the minutes until I could go see how she was doing. I got to her classroom a few minutes before pick-up. I could see her laying on her nap mat awake. Actually, she was sideways so her head was on the little boy's mat next to her! I found out later that they have become little friends! Too cute! She was fine until she saw me at the door to pick her up. She immediately started crying when she saw me. Again, it didn't help that other little kids were crying and trying to push their way out the door! I picked her up and she clung to me with all her strength! She stopped crying by the time we got to the car and was fine for the rest of the day! She even took an hour nap later in the afternoon. Overall, I think she had a fun day at school. Her note home said she loved the playground and storytime. It also said that she loved all the other children and even comforted one when they were upset. That is so Abbie! Hopefully her second day of school has a few less tears!

4 comments:
Yea Abbie! What a big and considerate child to her fellow peers! How nice to get a detailed note about her day..would have loved that for Michael! Be sure to save it for her scrapbook!
Jack and Theo were very similar in their MDO experiences. Jack cried every time he saw me for weeks....... Theo didn't eat a bite his first day either. Guess it's all the norm! Yea Abbie for doing so well and making a friend.
She looks soooo cute! I love her nap mat too. I'm so glad you both survived her first day and that you got to have some time to yourself!!
How cute! I love that you took a picture of her first "school lunch." Don't you just love Mother's Day Out? It's amazing what you can get accomplished in a few short hours!
Lauren
Post a Comment