Monday, August 18, 2008

Abbie's First Trip to the Dentist!

Abbie had her first visit with a dentist this morning! I had not planned on taking Abbie at this age. This weekend, she started pointing to her mouth and saying "oh". I figured her mouth hurt from teething. She kept doing it so I finally looked at her teeth. It looked like a bottom tooth was chipped. I thought she might have chipped her tooth during one of her many tumbles. Just to be safe, I went ahead and took her in this morning.

We arrived at the dentist in the pouring rain (fun). She immediately found the kid-sized table and chairs. She loves to sit on little chairs! From there, she found the area with all of the toys for children to play with. Here she is playing and watching all of the other children in the waiting room.
Next, we were called back to meet with a nurse. After the nurse took some information, we played in the room while we waited for the dentist.
The dentist came in and examined her teeth. She was not too happy about it but didn't squirm too much. She was crying in protest of course! After he was done, she was completely fine. He said her teeth looked great! The "chip" that I had noticed is actually due to one of her top teeth wearing on her bottom tooth due to a small cross bite. Sorry Daddy, I see braces in her future!
After we were all done, the nurse gave her a new bouncing ball which she was very excited to have. Here she is with her new ball as we were checking out.
Overall, she was a very good patient! I was pleasantly surprised by her! Hopefully her next check-up in March goes as well! Now she is taking a nap after her big morning.

No comments: