Thursday, June 9, 2011

Our Trip To Omaha: Day Three

This morning we woke up to a cold and rainy day, definitely not what we are used to in hot, dry Texas! While I was excited to experience a change in the weather, none of us were very prepared! During my packing, I had to scrounge around the kids’ closets for cold-weather clothes that still fit and that I had not already boxed away with the change in season. I mean, we haven’t worn long-sleeves at home in a long time! So if their clothes look a little strange, that is why. I also think it is pretty funny that both my kids are in long-sleeves, while their more thick-skinned cousins are in short sleeves! What can I say, 60 degree temps is cold for us!


The kids played around the house this morning until we met up with Joan, CJ and Kate at Jason’s Deli for lunch. We had a nice lunch complete with ice cream before heading over to Great Grandma and Grandpa’s. All the kids had fun playing around their apartment. Abbie and Carter loved watching TV with Great Grandma on her bed.


IMG_2490n


Later we walked around the facility looking for a good place to take some pictures. We found a nice location and attempted to get pictures with everyone. The three older kids were easily bribed with M&Ms, but Kate was a little unsure of what was going on. Fortunately, she stopped crying and we were able to get some cute pictures of the Great Grandparents with all of their great grandkids, as well as their daughters. I am so happy we have these pictures!


IMG_2492nIMG_2496nIMG_2497nIMG_2500n


After picture time, the kids played on Great Grandma’s walker and raced up and down the hallways. Thankfully the halls were empty! Abbie and Carter had the best time playing with CJ!


IMG_2503nIMG_2504n


After our visit, we all went back to Aunt Bev’s house for a little more play time. The kids were running the three stories of the house (including the basement) and having the best time. At one point I found them all upstairs in the bed Abbie was sleeping in. She was “reading” the boys a story. So sweet!


IMG_2505nIMG_2509n


We had pizza for dinner and then went to bed early after our fun and exhausting day!

No comments: