This morning the kids and I met up with Michelle, Michael and Julia at an indoor playground at a Kingwood church for some cool summer fun. Summer is here in full force and I most definitely did not feel like chasing the kids around a playground in 99 degree weather!
The playground was a lot of fun! It had several slides and rock walls. All of the kids played very well together today. They played for about an hour and a half, and Michelle and I were actually able to hold a fairly coherent conversation without too many interruptions. It was so nice to be able to catch up!
On our way out of the church, we made a potty stop. Can I just tell you how difficult it is to potty with four children four and under! And two of them are still in diapers! Michelle and I took turns corralling the kids so as to prevent any attempts by the younger two to go potty like the big kids while simultaneously attempting to wash everyone’s hands. I think we were in the bathroom for at least 10 minutes!
We then headed to Jason’s Deli, which is a definite favorite for the ice cream treat at the end. Michael, Carter and Abbie all sat on one side of a booth which they all seemed to really enjoy! They all ate their lunches fairly well and were each treated to ice cream.
After lunch, we went to the toy store next door where they played for a while. Everyone had a great time! We then said our goodbyes and got in the car for the hour drive home. Thankfully, both kids had worn themselves out by then with all the fun, and I got to enjoy a quiet drive home. What a great day with friends!

No comments:
Post a Comment