Tuesday, June 14, 2011

First Day of Summer School

The kids went to their very first day of summer school today!  I definitely think I was more excited about it than they were.  It is at a different church than their regular school so they were a little hesitant on their first day.  Abbie and Carter are going on Tuesdays and Thursdays this summer from 9:30-1:30. 

Abbie walked right in to her room with no problem.  I don’t even think she said good-bye to me!  Carter, on the other hand, cried all the way to his room.  I felt so sad for him!  He had to give me multiple kisses before I left.  Such a sweet boy.  One of the teachers held him as I left, and he stopped crying the second I walked away.  I knew he would be just fine!  Abbie said she had a great time at school and made lots of new friends.  Carter didn’t have too much to say about his first day but he was having fun playing when I picked him up.  Thursday is Water Day and pizza for lunch so it should be a great day!

While the kids were playing at school, I went to the bank, grocery store and pharmacy.  I also managed to get my workout in before picking them up which means we have the whole afternoon free!  Right now they are both taking naps, with the promise that if they sleep well we will go to the pool at the Y when they wake up.

Hello Summer!

IMG_2538

1 comment:

Gauger Family said...

Gosh they look so big! Good job getting them in a camp!