Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Silly Abbie
Abbie's favorite show right now is Diego. She loves it, and I don't mind it too much because at least she is learning about animals and their environments. At the end of each 20 minute episode is a little four question review about the animal featured in the episode. For example, today's episode was about a duck. For each question, the viewers are given two possible answers. Basically, she has a 50% of even just guessing right. So then you can imagine my surprise one time when I heard her answering the questions and she got every single one wrong. Being a former math teacher, I was automatically thinking in my head that the odds were she would at least get half right! But I just kept quiet. Then another day, I heard her get them all wrong again. This time Steve was sitting with us and we just had to laugh! I mean, seriously, one of today's questions was "Does a duck live in the desert or a pond?" and she said the desert! Finally, I figured out that she says the opposite, or funny, answer and not the correct answer. She does it to be funny! I have to admit when she said a jaguar had pink spots instead of black ones I did laugh. Oh Abbie...you had your father seriously worried you were going to be a horrible test taker when you get older. I had a sneaking suspicion you were just tricking us all along!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment