This morning we decided to check out the water spouts/fountains. There is a smaller version at the outdoor shopping center that both the kids just LOVE, so I figured they would have a great time at this one. It took us forever to get everyone and their gear together so we could leave. We needed clothes, diapers, swim diapers, wipes, sunscreen, water shoes, hats, towels, Carter’s ear plugs and ear band, etc. Needless to say, this little trip took up our ENTIRE morning! Once we arrived, we had to change the kids into their swimsuits and put sunscreen on. It is times like this when I love the fact that the back of my Explorer can double as a changing table!
We finally made our way over to the fountains. Once Carter saw it as we were walking up, he went crazy! He was so excited and trying desperately to get out of Steve’s arms and run over. Abbie was just a little hesitant at first, but quickly joined in the fun once she saw Carter just run right in. (I love that she has a little brother who encourages her to be brave and try new things. I also love that he has an older sister who will hopefully keep an eye on him!) We were the only ones there which was so nice. Carter does not pay any attention to where he is running, and I am afraid he would have been in some collisions if there had been more big kids around!
Abbie had fun playing in the water and splashing around. Carter loved running right up and sticking his face right in. Once we realized how wet he was getting , we had to put his ear plugs in and ear band on. He just goes crazy around water! (Of course the child with tubes in his ears would be the one who just loves water.)
I was on Abbie duty and got to sit and relax in the shade. She just plays on her own and has a great time. Steve was on Carter duty and had to chase after him the whole time. One minute he would be playing in the water and the next minute he would take off running. The fact that there are stairs on either side of the area that lead straight to the big waterway is not a plus for a crazy toddler. Not to mention that opposite that is a huge wall of water fountains. It must have been Carter’s idea of Heaven!
We all had a great time until it was time to head home for lunch. I am sure we will be back again soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment