We have had a fun and busy weekend here. Saturday, Steve stayed with the kids and played outside much of the morning while I went to have my car serviced and oil changed. I actually enjoyed my hour alone in the waiting room and was able to read 3 magazines! The kids were both tired from playing in the sun, so they both took good naps. When they woke up, we all headed down to Mimi and Bebe’s. We went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant which was Abbie’s choice. She loves her cheese bowl (queso) and throwing pennies in the fountain! We almost had a minor incident at dinner on Steve’s watch. Steve and Bebe had the kids by the fountain, which is actually surrounded by a little metal fence. Well, I guess Carter managed to squeeze himself through the bars and was on the rocks about to jump in the fountain when Steve grabbed him. Steve said if he had fallen in he would have gone straight to the car and gone home to avoid having to tell me! Ha! I don’t even know what I would have done if they had walked back to the table with a soaking wet child! Dinner was fun and then we all headed back to Mimi and Bebe’s for baths and bed. The kids were having a sleepover! Hooray!
I wish I could say Steve and I did something really fun or relaxing during our time on Sunday without them…but I can’t. We spent the entire day working in the yard and weeding/cleaning out the flower beds. We basically live in a forest. While I usually love all the tress and occasionally like seeing all the forest wildlife around (turtles, deer, possums, etc.), I do not like having to pick up all the pine cones, pine needles, etc. that come with it. We were hot and exhausted by the time Mimi and Bebe brought the kids back. I am glad that we got that finished though. I hated having Carter running all over the yard and not really knowing what all was in it. Now I feel more comfortable knowing there isn’t anything that can hurt him in the yard such as ants, snakes, etc. Of course, the kids had a blast with Mimi and Bebe on Sunday. They went to lunch at Fudrucker’s, visited Great Grandma and her dog, Opal, and just played. Thank you Mimi and Bebe!
This morning I had to clean the inside of the house (the fun never ends for Mommy) so Steve took the kids to the mall for a while in the morning to walk around. They were supposed to ride the carousel, but apparently Abbie chickened-out at the last minute. I am sure Carter was ready to go! Those two are like night and day. After naps, we headed over to the fun kids pool at our YMCA. The kids both had a great time! I wish I could have taken pictures but there was just no way. Carter is a maniac around water. You have to stay within 6 inches of him at all times, ready to catch him when he goes under. He has no fear of the water, which terrifies Steve and me! He loves to just suddenly stick his head under or run all the way down from the zero entry without realizing when he can’t stand anymore. Poor Daddy had Carter duty and spent the entire time chasing after him. Abbie and I just swam around and had fun. Now everyone is worn out and sound asleep in bed. It was a great holiday weekend!
I realized at bed time that I had not taken any pictures this weekend. Here are the kids in their jammies ready for bed!

1 comment:
What a weekend, uhh? Glad you had some time to yourself even if it was at the oil change and doing yard work!!
Post a Comment