Monday, May 24, 2010

Abbie’s Last Day of School

Today was Abbie’s last day of school! Her school had an End of Year Party today that parents could participate in. Fortunately, Steve was able to stay home with Carter for part of the day so I could enjoy the time with Abbie and not be chasing him all around.

Here she is this morning on her last day. I can’t believe how much she has grown!

IMG_7845n IMG_7848n IMG_7858nIMG_7857n

Steve went with her first and was there when she received her Certificate of Completion! Way to go little ladybug (her class mascot)! He also got to see her playing with some of her school friends.

IMG_7864n IMG_7870n IMG_7868n

I arrived just in time for the HOT part of the day. There were stations set up around the school with various activities for the kids. Each class rotated through the stations. The first stop was the playground.

She is a pro at riding the tricycles now! There is a circle sidewalk that goes all the way around the playground. It looked like a racetrack with all the kids tearing around on their tricycles! There were even a few collisions, which made me very nervous. I guess those preschool teachers are just used to it!IMG_7871n

Next she moved on to the sandbox. I am surprised there is even any sand left. I think half of it has ended up in my car! Every time I take her shoes off after school a stream of sand pours out. The sandbox was definitely a big hit with the kids.IMG_7873n IMG_7875n

Next we moved on to the discovery station. The teachers had set up different textured materials for the kids to feel. There was a bucket full of spaghetti, one with Jello and one with shaving cream. Of course, the only one Abbie would touch was the spaghetti, because she wouldn’t get messy! They also demonstrated to the kids what happens when you put Mentos in a soda bottle. Pretty neat!

IMG_7878n IMG_7879n IMG_7881n

We then moved on to a luau with her music teacher, Ms. Patty. Abbie wasn’t quite sure what to do and had no interest in doing the hula. She did dance a little though.IMG_7889n IMG_7883n IMG_7885n IMG_7887n IMG_7888n Our last stop was a water relay. The kids used sponges to transfer water between buckets. Abbie was actually really good at it! (The Carter in Abbie’s class decided it was fun to squeeze his water on my feet. I was thinking “Really, kid? I have my own Carter who I left at home so I wouldn’t have to deal with stuff like this!” Those Carter’s are out to get this Mommy!)IMG_7894n IMG_7891n IMG_7893nWe all then headed in for lunch. The school provided hot dogs and chips. Of course Abbie would not eat the hot dog. Fortunately I had packed her a lunch just in case. We had fun eating with all of her school friends before leaving for the year.IMG_7895n

Abbie has had a wonderful year in school, first at her school in Plano and now at her new school here! Steve and I are both so proud of how easily she adjusted to her new school and so thankful for all of her wonderful teachers. Abbie was sad it was her last day. She had tears in her eyes when she said goodbye to her teachers. I know she will love going to school three days a week next year! She is also very excited that Carter will be going to school one day with her next year (and Mommy is too :))

IMG_7809nMs. Kelly, Abbie and Ms. Anne-Marie

1 comment:

Gauger Family said...

What a fun day. They sure did a lot of stuff. The 3's class next year???? OMG!