Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother’s Day

Happy Mother’s Day! We have had a wonderful day. The fun started yesterday when Stephen, Abbie and Carter surprised me with a yummy cookie cake. My favorite! (We will try to forget about the piece of something from a tree that got stuck in Abbie’s eye and caused an hour of hysterical crying and an emergency trip to the eye doctor. It is always something around here!)IMG_7675n

By the afternoon everyone was better, so Abbie and Carter made me cookies! Well, actually, I made the cookies (or Pillsbury, anyway) and the kids decorated them while I got to run errands alone. I only had a few calls from Stephen while I was out, including ”How do I make pink icing?”. Ha! Just a little bit of red for future reference, Daddy! Carter wasn’t very interested in decorating the cookies. Abbie, however, spent almost 2 hours decorating cookies! I think she put one sprinkle on a cookie at a time! Ha! The pink ones are for her and the purple ones are for me. Thank you so much for my cookies Abbie and Carter.

IMG_7677nIMG_7676nIMG_7680nIMG_7685nIMG_7686nIMG_7687nIMG_7689nIMG_7693n

Abbie made me a present at school and has been patiently waiting since Wednesday for me to open it. She painted a flower pot for me and it even had seeds and a picture of her. I love it! She also colored a beautiful card for me. I was told I am also getting an iPhone for Mother’s Day! Hooray! Unfortunately, due to a phone contract that doesn’t expire until July, a new release of iPhone coming out this summer, and the fact that we just spent $500 on vet bills for Bailey this week, it will have to wait a little while. I can’t wait, however!

IMG_7705nIMG_7706nIMG_7722 IMG_7724

Today Mimi, Bebe and Grandmere came over to spend the day with us and go to lunch. We had a delicious lunch at Saltgrass. A big thank you to Daddy and Bebe who walked around outside with Abbie and Carter and threw pennies in the fountain so that I could enjoy a peaceful lunch! Then we all came home to play around outside and go to the playground. Both the kids had a great time and are now worn out from all the fun. I can’t help but think back to my very first Mother’s Day. Stephen, Abbie and I went to Outback for dinner. Abbie was only 2 months old and slept the entire dinner in her carseat. Oh how times have changed! Thank you to everyone for a wonderful Mother’s Day!

Mommy and All Her Babies

IMG_7698n IMG_7702n IMG_7707n IMG_7710n IMG_7710n2

I forgot to mention that Abbie can now peddle a bike! She learned how to peddle a tricycle at school right around her third birthday! She was so excited to tell me one day when I picked her up from school!

IMG_7713 IMG_7715n IMG_7720 IMG_7721

1 comment:

Gauger Family said...

Happy Mother's Day!!! What happened to Bailey??