Saturday, April 10, 2010

Catch Up

Okay...so I have not been good about blogging this year. There has just been so much going on! We spent most of December getting our house ready to sell. That was not easy considering Steve was already living in Houston and working at his new job. Our house went up on the market January 4th and we had two offers the first day! Thank goodness, because trying to get the house ready to show with Abbie and Carter was practically impossible. Then Carter became very ill with a double ear infection and ended up having to have tubes put in his ears the day before his first birthday. My grandfather also passed away during this time and we all miss him terribly. I spent most of January driving back and forth between Plano and Houston with the two kids and dog for the funeral and house hunting. Fortunately, we managed to find our new house our first day of searching after looking at only 5 houses. We moved in with my parents in the middle of February while our new house was painted, carpets were cleaned, etc. We have been living here for a little over a month now, although it seems like a lot longer. We have all adjusted very well to our new home and city. Abbie started at a wonderful new school and Carter will join her there next year. They are also both in swim lessons again. We love being able to see Mimi, Bebe and Grandmere much more often, almost every weekend. We are still not quite unpacked but getting there. Maybe by this summer we will be completely settled in. In the meantime, I have been taking pictures and having professional pictures taken. I am going to try to get caught up on the blog, as I love having it as my journal and would hate to miss documenting any of our fun times. So keep checking back as I get caught up!



Here are the "newest" entries from December. Just click on each one below to see them. (It so so strange to go back and look at these pictures. It just seems like a lifetime ago. It is espeically strange to see our old house. I miss it.)



A Weekend of Birthdays

Abbie's School Christmas Program

Our Christmas Party

No comments: