Thursday, April 29, 2010

Carter's 15 Month Check-Up

Carter had his 15 month check-up this afternoon! I can't believe he is already 15 months old! We found a new doctor here that we really like. (We still miss Dr. S though!) Even better, both kids really like him a lot. We were lucky (not, really) enough to get to visit his office 5 times in the past week! Unfortunately, we were ALL sick last week, but are finally getting better.

So today Carter just went in for his check-up. He is now 21 pounds and 10 ounces (10%) and 33 inches (90%) tall! He eats like a horse so I don't know how it is possible that he has only gained 2 pounds since his 9 month check-up. He is such a skinny little boy! He needs some more meat on his bones!

The doctor said he is developing on schedule. He is running and walking, interacting socially, following one step commands and has about 4-5 words. The doctor asked if he could use a spoon, and I said I had never even let him try to use a spoon. Oops! I guess I will have to work on that. He is also a skilled climber. Just today I found him sitting on top of his changing table! He had climbed up using the shelves as a ladder. What am I going to do with him.

He was very well behaved for the doctor. He did get one shot, his MMR shot. Of course, he cried when he got the shot but was fine when I picked him up. It didn't help that Abbie started to cry out of sympathy. Those two. I was so happy to be able to leave the office and hopefully not go back for a long time. Wishful thinking!

1 comment:

Gauger Family said...

15 months???? Wow!

Glad you guys are all better :)