Back in early October, playgroup went to the same pumpkin patch we have been going to for three years now. Each year, the kids enjoy it even more!
Steve was out of town this day so I decided to try and take pictures of our day. Well, I made it until lunch…and then gave up! Here is our big morning.
I got myself up and dressed and then went to get Abbie and Carter out of bed around 7:40. We had to hurry that morning because we were supposed to be at the pumpkin patch around 9:30, and it is 25 minutes away.
I got Abbie out of bed first. She is perfectly capable of climbing in and out of her bed. For some reason, she likes us to get her out in the morning and after her nap. I am not complaining! Good morning, Abbie!
Abbie helped me wake Carter up. Poor Carter….what a way to wake up! He seems to love it though.
Abbie and Carter both had pears and cereal for breakfast. Carter patiently waited in Exersaucer while I fixed breakfast.
After breakfast, they both got dressed. Then we packed up our stuff. It was a cold and rainy day. I knew a stroller would be out due to mud so I made sure to bring the Baby Bjorn. I almost forgot it, as Abbie had hidden it under the dining room table. Fortunately, I remembered it right as we were about to leave. Here they are all ready to go to the pumpkin patch!
All it does is rain these days. We decided to brave the weather (and mud) in an attempt to get in our annual visit to the pumpkin patch. Abbie loved running around and getting covered in mud. The mud was caked on her shoes and up to her knees on her jeans. Oh well, it was still fun!
First, we fed the animals, not Abbie’s favorite activity. She ended up just dumping the cup of food on the ground for the goats to eat.
Then, she and Griffin ran off to explore the farm. They are such sweet friends!
Emily, Griffin and Abbie found a maze and loved running through the hay and walking along the top. Abbie is a huge fan of anything that remotely resembles a game of chase!
Next we attempted a group photo. It is hard to believe this is the third time we have taken this same picture! They have grown up so fast!
After pictures, we decided to wait in the long line for the hay ride. It took forever, as one of the tractors got stuck in the mud and another tractor had to tow it back in! Carter just couldn’t keep his eyes open any longer and finally fell asleep while we waited in line. I never heard a peep out of him the whole morning! He loved looking at all the new things!
Wendy got a couple of cute pictures of them on the hay ride. Poor Carter woke up right in the middle of the ride. I think he was a little confused!
Our last stop was the field of mud to find a pumpkin. Look at the mud on her shoes! It had to be an inch thick! Good thing I remembered a change of clothes for the car. Carter was the only clean one in the group, since his feet never touched the ground!
We cleaned ourselves up as best as we could and then headed home for lunch. We had a great time with playgroup during our annual visit to the pumpkin patch!

No comments:
Post a Comment