Today is Bailey’s 5th birthday! I can’t believe my oldest baby is 5 years old. I remember the day we brought her home like it was yesterday.
Bailey is just the sweetest dog. I love that she is always there to greet us when we walk in the door, wagging her tail like crazy. I love that the instant I sit down anywhere she is right by my side ready to take a nap next to me. I love that she can sense when I am sad, frustrated, upset, etc. and will come over to me to try to cheer me up. I love that she knows our “routine”, and knows when Abbie and Carter are about to go to bed. I can see how excited she is to know that she gets her Mommy and Daddy all to herself for the evening. She is so in tune with the feelings of her family. She even knows that when I am really upset with Abbie that best place to hide out is outside! She loves her family, and we love her even more! She truly makes my life a little brighter every day. She is always happy to see me and ready to play. The house is not the same when she is not with us. She recently stayed at my parents’ for a week while we were out of town. We had a few days without her before we could pick her up. I can’t tell you how many times I instinctively looked at her “spot” when I came home, looking for her to be there to greet us. Or how many times I was in the kitchen making a meal and bent down to give her a bite of food, only to find that she wasn’t at my side where she always is. We were all so happy when she was home with us again!
Bailey is my perfect “child”! She is potty-trained, never refuses to take a nap, always follows directions, and eats her food without a fight. Thank you for being the best dog, Bailey! We love you!

1 comment:
What a lucky dog Bailey is! Happy Dog Day :)
Post a Comment