Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Escape Artist

Abbie has always been, and still is, an excellent climber. She seems to not have any fear about climbing on top of things and getting back down. We knew it was just a matter of time!

Abbie only napped for an hour this afternoon, which was not enough. She woke up crying. I figured I would leave her in there for a few minutes because sometimes she will go back to sleep. After a few minutes of crying, I decided to go rescue her from her crib. As I walked up to the door, I thought her crying sounded a little close. Sure enough, I opened the door and she walked right out! Somehow she had managed to escape from her crib. I am sure this involved putting one leg over the top and tumbling down. I was just happy to see her walking with no injuries! She seemed to be pretty proud of herself after she walked out of the room because she immediately stopped crying and smiled at me! Oh my little monkey! Now we are waiting to see if it was a fluke or if she is going to start crawling out all the time. If so, I think we will just transition her to her toddler bed, which we were going to have to do sooner rather than later anyway.

The escapee after the incident

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh my gosh! I shouldn't laugh, but I can't help it! It's too funny!

Gauger Family said...

That little stinker! I hope this doesn't continue...