Abbie now has a mouth full of teeth! In late May/early June she began getting her first year molars. Those teeth are huge! Teething had never bothered her too much until those pesky molars came along! Late June she began cutting her bottom two canine teeth. These also caused her about a week of not feeling well. Unfortunately, it was right during our trip to Omaha. She just wasn't herself and did not eat very much that week. Now she seems to be doing much better. I am just waiting for the top two canine teeth to poke through. It is so strange to see her with a mouth full of teeth!
For the past few months we have been working on body parts with Abbie. I will talk to her about them during the day, and Steve works on them with her while he gives her a bath. She is getting very good! The body parts she can identify so far are nose, teeth, mouth, belly button, head and hands and eyes (I think). Sometimes I feel like I am trying to get a dog to do tricks when I try to get her to go through and point out the parts she knows! Oh well! She seems to really be proud of herself when she can point out her body parts! Here is a cute video of her doing her "tricks" for Great Grandma and Grandpa Brunner when we were in Omaha.
Abbie is also starting to say more and more words each week. Sometimes it is hard for me to decipher what she is saying. She will say something that to her I am sure makes perfect sense because when I ask her what she said she says the same "words" again. I think my expectations of what her first words will sound like are a little unrealistic. I guess I just thought she would say them just like I say them with all of their syllables and consonants. Now that I am really listening hard and thinking about what she is saying I think I am realizing she is saying more than I thought! Here is a list of some of her words. Hi, Bye Bye, Da Da, Ma Ma, Ba Ba and Bailey, Bear, Ball, Baby, Quack (for duck), Go, Neigh (for horse), Shoes (one of her favorites...just like Grammy!), Shh, Dog Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. One of her favorites is definitely shoes! She loves to get her shoes out of the closet and carry them around. Anytime I open the closet she says "shoosh" for her shoes. She loves to try to put her crocs on her feet. She is certainly Grammy's girl with her love of shoes!
That is a little of what is going on in Abbie's life right now! She changes so much as the weeks go by!

1 comment:
Oh boy, can't WAIT to see it in person!
Post a Comment